Monday, April 23, 2012

How to freeze herbs

I love growing my own herbs or even going to the farmer's market and buying large bunches at a great price. But I do not enjoy wasting them.

Here is an easy method to preserve them:

  • Wash and dry your herbs. Chop them
  • Put them in an ice cube tray. 
  • Cover with either good quality water or broth.
  • When they are frozen you can pop them out and store them in a freezer bag.
  • When you need fresh herb, you can just pop one out of the bag and into the pot. 


Simple and easy.


When I get large amount of basil I love making my own pesto. It is so simple and so much healthier and cheaper then buying a jar of already made pesto. I will  freeze it in the same way, in ice cube trays.
I can just pop one or two into the dish I am cooking.

Easy convenient and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment