Sunday, February 19, 2012

Over Ripe Avocados? Don't throw them out!



Last week there was a great deal at my local grocery for avocados ($1 each!), so I bought a bunch of them! A few were ripe so those were used in my mango salsa a few nights ago. The rest I let sit to finish ripening to freeze! Most people do not realize you can freeze these whole food beauties! Just cut in half and remove the seed. Wrap in saran wrap (a vacuum sealer is the best option if you have one) then place into a freezer safe container or bag. I have never kept mine more than three months so not sure how long they will keep.

When you are ready to use them thaw in the ice box overnight. These are great for guacamole, homemade baby food, chocolate mousse, truffles and so much more!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment